Akba, F., Uçan, A., Sezer, E. A., & Sever, H. (2014, July). Assessment of feature selection metrics for sentiment analyses: Turkish movie reviews. In 8th European Conference on Data Mining (Vol. 191, pp. 180-184).
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, KTMU University, 2007
- M.S. in Computer Engineering, Hacettepe University, 2014
- Ph.D in Computer Engineering, Hacettepe University, 2020
- 2010-*: Research Assistant
- Osmaniye Korkut Ata University
- M.I.S. Dept.
- 2012-2020: Research Assistant
- Hacettepe University
- Computer Engineering. Dept.
- 2008-2010: Software Developer
- Kardelen Software
- Text Mining
- Machine Learning
- Conventional Methods (SVM, KNN, DT, ANN, etc.)
- Deep Methods (CNN, LSTM, GRU, Attention, etc.)
- Transfer Learning Methods (Word Embeddings, BERTs, etc.)
- Feature Engineering (x2, Information Gain, TF/IDF, etc.)
- Text pre-processing (Turkish and English NLP tools)
- Optimization Methods (PSO, GWO, etc.)
Ucan, A. (2014). Automatic sentiment dictionary translation and using in sentiment analysis. MSc, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey.
Naderalvojoud, B., Sezer, E. A., & Ucan, A. (2015, September). Imbalanced text categorization based on positive and negative term weighting approach. In International Conference on Text, Speech, and Dialogue (pp. 325-333). Springer, Cham.
Ucan, A., Naderalvojoud, B., Sezer, E. A., & Sever, H. (2016, January). SentiWordNet for new language: automatic translation approach. In 2016 12th International Conference on Signal-Image Technology & Internet-Based Systems (SITIS) (pp. 308-315). IEEE.
HUMIR at IEST-2018: Lexicon-Sensitive and Left-Right Context-Sensitive BiLSTM for Implicit Emotion Recognition
Naderalvojoud, B., Ucan, A., & Sezer, E. A. (2018, October). HUMIR at IEST-2018: Lexicon-Sensitive and Left-Right Context-Sensitive BiLSTM for Implicit Emotion Recognition. In Proceedings of the 9th Workshop on Computational Approaches to Subjectivity, Sentiment and Social Media Analysis (pp. 182-188).
Uçan, A., & Sezer, E. A. (2019, April). A New Approach on Emotion Analogy by Using Word Embeddings. In 2019 27th Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference (SIU) (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
UÇAN, A., SEZER, E. A.,(2020) Türkçe bilgisayarlı dil bilimi çalışmalarında his analizi. Türk Dili Araştırmaları Yıllığı-Belleten, Sayı 70, ss 193-210
Ucan, A. (2020). Use of Optimization and Pretrained Models in Turkish Emotion Analysis. PhD, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey.
Uçan A., Dörterler M., Sezer E. A., (2021) A Study of Turkish Emotion Classification with Pretrained Language Models, Journal of Information Science
Uçan A., Dörterler M., Sezer E. A., (2021) An Emotion Analysis Scheme Based on Gray Wolf Optimization and Deep Learning, Concurrency and Computation Practice and Experience